Research and Teaching Associate in Signal Processing and Speech Communicartion (Two PhD position)
- Fri, Sep 08, 2023
- Support and independent teaching of courses in the field of signal processing and speech communication (signal processing, fundamentals of discrete-time signals and systems, adaptive systems, nonlinear signal processing, speech signal processing) as well as co-supervision of seminar papers, projects, bachelor and master theses.
- Participation in research tasks in the field of signal processing and speech communication, dissemination of research results through publications, preparation of a doctoral dissertation.
- General administrative activities, participation in university self-government. Support for the development and operation of the (laboratory) infrastructure in the field of signal processing and speech communication. Support in the execution of projects.
Master degree in electrical engineering, information engineering, or similar areas
- Experience in the field of signal processing and/or speechcommunication; experience in and/or enthusiam for teaching; interest for independent scientific research, excellent programming skills
- Fluency in English at C1 level is a must, knowledge of German is an asset.
- Interesting area of responsibility
- Collegial and friendly working atmosphere
- Flexible working schedule (e.g. possibility for home office (40 %), paid lunch break - depending on working hours)
- International training and teaching opportunities
- Seal of quality for in-house advancement of women
- Award for being the most family-friendly company in Styria 2018
- Subsidy for public transport
- University’s sports program
- Shopping Discounts
- Workplace Health Management
- Top research infrastructure and access to the latest technologies
- Exciting opportunities for professional and personal development
- Safe and stable working environment
- Company pension funds
We offer an annual gross salary of at least € 45,882.20 for a fulltime position. An overpayment based on qualification and experience is possible.
The Signal Processing and Speech Communication Laboratory was the main organizer of INTERSPEECH 2019 in Graz and takes the lead in building a Graduate School of Excellence in European Speech and Language Technologies together with seven partners of the Unite! University Alliance.
Graz University of Technology aims to increase the number of female employees, particularly in scientific and management positions, and thus encourages qualified female candidates to apply. In case of comparable qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Graz University of Technology Dean of the Faculty of Electrical and Information Engineering Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Wolfgang Bösch, MBA Inffeldgasse 18/EG 8010 Graz
Please send your application including the usual material (such as CV, motivation letter, list of grades, names of references, but in particular your MSc Thesis or published papers) to Prof. Gernot Kubin or Prof. Barbara Schuppler. Preliminary application deadline: 27.09.2023.
Become part of the team of Graz University of Technology - we are looking forward to your application!