PhD Positions in Wireless Communications and Positioning
- Wed, Nov 20, 2019
The Signal Processing and Speech Communication Lab (SPSC) of Graz University of Technology, Austria, is seeking to fill one PhD position in the area of wireless communications and positioning between January and March 2020.
The PhD candidate will work on the problem of radio-based positioning, where multipath propagation and non-line-of-sight situations severely impair accuracy and robustness. The work will combine aspects of wireless communications (such as the properties of the indoor propagation channels), (statistical) signal processing, cognitive dynamic systems, and machine learning.
The research tasks and potential methodologies include:
- Statistical signal processing
- Bayesian inference and graphical models
- Channel modeling and channel measurements
- Algorithms for channel analysis
- Multiple target tracking
- Sensor networks and cooperative algorithms
- M.Sc. degree in relevant field (EE, CS, ICE, EE and Audio Eng.)
- Interest in statistical signal processing
- Independence and self-motivated working
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English
The SPSC is a research and education center in (nonlinear) signal processing, computational intelligence, as well as circuits & systems modeling and design. It covers applications in wireless communications, speech/audio communication, and telecommunications.
Graz University of Technology aims to increase the number of female employees, particularly in scientific and management positions, and thus encourages qualified female candidates to apply. In case of comparable qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Please send your application including the usual material (such as CV, motivation letter, list of grades, names of references, but in particular your MSc Thesis or published papers) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Initial application deadline: Jan. 7, 2020.