Localization and Synchronization
- Master Thesis
- Announcement date
- 13 Oct 2015
- Research Areas
Accurate and robust indoor positioning is still a difficult task. With the use of ultra-wideband (UWB) signals the challenge of multipath propagation can be overcome because the time resolution of UWB signals is in the nano-seconds range. However, the synchronisation between devices  using UWB signals is still an unsolved challenge. At the SPSC Lab performance bounds regarding synchronisation between such devices have already been investigated.
The first step of this thesis shall be to revisit performance bounds for the case of non-synchronized devices. In a second step, a literature review regarding algorithms capable of attacking the synchronisation and localization problem shall be performed. Finally, a Matlab framework shall be developed which is able to tackle the synchronisation and localization problem.
- revisit performance bounds for synchronisation and localization
- and localization algorithms
- develop and implement algorithms performing synchronization and localization
- Motivation and reliability are a prerequisite
- interest and knowledge in statistical signal processing
- basic knowledge in Matlab programming
 I. Rubil, “Measuring the CIR using a Decawave chipset,” in Bachelor Thesis - ongoing.