Research Positions in Wireless Communications, Positioning, and Power Transfer
- Fri, Nov 20, 2020
The Signal Processing and Speech Communication Lab (SPSC) of Graz University of Technology, Austria, is seeking to fill one Post Doc and one PhD position in the area of wireless communications, positioning, and power transfer between January and March 2021.
The researchers will work on the problems of radio-based positioning and wireless power transfer for environments, where multipath propagation and non-line-of-sight situations severely impair accuracy and robustness. The work will combine aspects of wireless communications (such as the properties of the indoor propagation channels), (statistical) signal processing, cognitive dynamic systems, and machine learning. The research will be conducted in the framework of the Horizon 2020 project “REINDEER”, which will investigate wireless communications infrastructure beyond 5G, utilizing so-called large intelligent surfaces. Large intelligent surfaces comprise of antenna arrays that cover entire surfaces, as well as local computing infrastructure.
The research tasks and potential methodologies include:
- Statistical signal processing
- Bayesian inference and graphical models
- Channel modeling and channel measurements
- Algorithms for channel analysis
- Multiple target tracking
- Sensor networks and cooperative algorithms
- Wireless power transfer and RFID
- For the PhD position: M.Sc. degree in relevant field (EE, CS, ICE, EE and Audio Eng.)
- For the PostDoc position: Ph.D. degree in one or several of the topics listed above
- Interest in statistical signal processing
- Independence and self-motivated working
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English
The SPSC is a research and education center in (nonlinear) signal processing, computational intelligence, as well as circuits & systems modeling and design. It covers applications in wireless communications, speech/audio communication, and telecommunications.
Graz University of Technology aims to increase the number of female employees, particularly in scientific and management positions, and thus encourages qualified female candidates to apply. In case of comparable qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Please send your application including the usual material (such as CV, motivation letter, list of grades, names of references, but in particular your MSc Thesis or published papers) to email@example.com. Initial application deadline: Jan. 5, 2021.