What should be in your Simulation Protocol?
The simulation protocol can be written either in German or in English. It should look like a report common in laboratory courses. More specifically, it should contain:
- State what software was used for the task: MATLAB, Octave, Python… Do not forget to additionally mention the version number in your protocol!
- Provide a short description of the task.
- How did you solve the task? For example:
- Which Python/MATLAB/Octave functions did you use?
- Which vectorization tricks did you use to avoid loops?
- Comparison of different realizations.
- ANSWER the QUESTIONS posed in the problem assignment. For example:
- What does the matrix look like?
- What differences can you observe between the plots?
- ALL plots must be labeled, i.e. label the axes and provide descriptions of graphs. Hint: Python/Octave/MATLAB figures can be exported in various formats. To achieve high-quality protocols, use a scaleable format (e.g. EPS).
- Provide conclusions, observations, accordance with theory.