Mobile Radio Systems
- Education level
This page provides supporting material for the course “Mobile Radio Systems”.
- Cellular Concept and Multiple Access Schemes
- Mobile Radio Channel: [Part 1 - large scale], [Part 2 - small scale], [MATLAB Animation]
- Narrowband Systems: [Matlab script], [Diversity and MIMO systems], [GSM - on TeachCenter]
- Wideband and Spread-Spectrum Systems: [OFDM concept], [OPAM and spread spectrum], [802.11 WLAN - on TeachCenter]
- Ultra-Wideband Systems: [Handout]
12 lectures of 1:45 hrs.
The exam is oral. Please contact the instructor for an appointment.
Most importantly, candidates are expected to be able to discuss the impact of the multipath radio channel on different types of wireless communications signals (wideband, narrowband, etc.), and how to design radio air-interfaces to overcome these channel impairments.