Lecture (2 VO) Topics
- electromechanical and electroacoustical analogues
- modeling of electroacoustic transducders considering the electrical the mechanical and acoustical domain
- mathematical descriptions of the soundfield of a piston source
- description of different kinds of microfones and their basic parameters
- description of the electordynamic loudspeaker in different housings and developement of the construction rules
- Webster equation and the design of conical and elliptical horns
Aims and Objectives
The students are able to
- use electromechanical and electroacoustical analogues with piezo-, electrodynamic- and dielectric transducers
- calculate the impedance and directivity of the soundfield of a piston source
- to understand and describe different microphone types concerning their type of construction, directivity and frequency response
- describe and calculate typical micorphone disturbing signals
- understand the principals of closed and vented boxes with electrodynamic transducers and can calculate these housings
- understand the theory of the horn-equation (webster-equation) and can calculate conical and exponential horns
further Information regarding the exam you will find here.
March 2014: for an update form version 8.53 to the actual version 8.54 the modifications can be donwloaded here.
June 2013: Index-correction on Page 126 (for double sided printig; version 8.53).
The chapter on Helmoltz resonators will be found from now on in chapter 5, subsection 5.5 (previous versions until 8.5: subsection 7.3.1)
The new pages of the lecture notes together with an updated version of the list of contents are for dowload here.
New version 8.5 of the lecture notes available. You may want to download the changes from version 8.4 to 8.5.
Corrected versions of pages in version 8.5 with corrupted cross references or charts with poor quality can be found here.
Content updates were made in section 2.7, changes can be downloaded here.
The update file is prepared for double-page printout.
You are able to download all relevant changes from version 8.3 to 8.4 here:
updates in section 3.1
restructured version of subsection 7.3.3