- Room number
- Telephone number
- office: +43 (316) 873 - 4365
- Research Associate
- Research interests
My research interests include machine learning, digital signal processing, acoustics, and medical analysis.
I was born in San Candido, Italy, in 1988. I have finished my master studies in Electrical Engineering and Audio Engineering in 2013 (with distinction). I joined the SPSC Lab in May 2014 as a research assistent of the Intelligent Systems Group, where I am currently pursuing my PhD thesis in the field of lung sound research.
- Article Messner E., Zöhrer M. & Pernkopf F. (2018) Heart Sound Segmentation - An Event Detection Approach using Deep Recurrent Neural Networks. in IEEE transactions on biomedical engineering, 65(9). [more info]
- Conference contribution Messner E., Fediuk M., Swatek P., Scheidl S., Smolle-Juttner F., Olschewski H. & Pernkopf F. (2018) Crackle and Breathing Phase Detection in Lung Sounds with Deep Bidirectional Gated Recurrent Neural Networks. in 40th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBC 2018 (pp. 356-359). [more info] [doi]
- Conference contribution Messner E., Hagmüller M., Schuppler B. & Pernkopf F. (2017) Impact of Airflow Rate on Amplitude and Regional Distribution of Normal Lung Sounds. in BIOSIGNALS. [more info]
- Conference contribution Messner E., Hagmüller M., Swatek P., Smolle-Juttner F. & Pernkopf F. (2017) Respiratory airflow estimation from lung sounds based on regression. in 2017 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, ICASSP 2017 - Proceedings (pp. 1123-1127). [more info] [doi]
- Conference contribution Messner E., Hagmüller M., Swatek P. & Pernkopf F. (2016) A Robust multichannel lung sound recording device. in BIODEVICES 2016 - 9th International Conference on Biomedical Electronics and Devices, Proceedings; Part of 9th International Joint Conference on Biomedical Engineering Systems and Technologies, BIOSTEC 2016 (pp. 34-39). [more info]
- Conference contribution Messner E., Pessentheiner H., Cordovilla J. & Hagmüller M. (2015) Adaptive Differential Microphone Arrays used as a Front-End for an Automatic Speech Recognition System. in International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP) (pp. 2689-2693). [more info]