PhD position in Speech Communication
- Barbara Schuppler
Graz University of Technology (TU Graz), organizer of the INTERSPEECH 2019 conference, offers a PhD position in its Signal Processing and Speech Communication Laboratory. Be part of this exciting opportunity and join our team!
The PhD position is part of the 4-year FWF funded research project “Cross-layer language models for conversational speech”. In the project, you will be working in an interdisciplinary team of three PhD students and several senior scientists from SPSC Laboratory, Know Center Gmbh and Department of Linguistics (University of Graz).
Your research will focus on incorporating phonetic and semantic information into an automatic speech recognition system in order to improve it for conversational speech applications.
Graz University of Technology offers systematic guidance to their doctoral students in specific doctoral schools with structured programs, international cooperation opportunities, and more. All doctoral programs and more than half of our Master’s programs are taught in English. The gross salary (before taxes) for this full-time position is according to scale B1 at Austrian Universities, approximately 40.000,- EUR per year. Review of applicants will begin on August 15, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. The earliest starting date is November 1st, 2019.
- a master’s degree in electrical or information engineering, computer science, or speech science;
- excellent programming skills;
- English language competence (IELTS 7.0 or higher);
- skills in signal processing and machine learning are considered additional asssets.
Interested candidates should send the following information in PDFs to Dr. Barbara Schuppler (email@example.com): curriculum vitae, transcript of records of both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree courses, master’s thesis and all publications, proof of English language competence, and contact information of two referees. Additional application documents may be required in due course. Women and minorities are particularly encouraged to apply.
For more information, consult:
- https://www.spsc.tugraz.at for the Signal Processing and Speech Communication Laboratory,
- https://www.interspeech2019.org for the INTERSPEECH 2019 conference,
- https://www.tugraz.at/en/go/welcome-center for information on student life at Graz University of Technology and in the city of Graz, Austria.