Speaker Diarization using a small microphone array
- Master Thesis
- Announcement date
- 07 Jun 2021
- Research Areas
A mirophone array at a size that could be plugged into a smartphone is a very convenient solution for recodings of small meetings. Four microphones should be placed in a square with a diameter of approximately 1 cm. The algorithm should separate 2-4 speakers who sit around the microphone array. The position of the speakers can be assumed fixed. The performance should be benchmarked with a commercially available product.
- Implementation of the speaker diarization in Matlab, Python or Julia.
- Recording of a small test database.
- Evaluation of the algorithm.
- Motivation and interest in the topic.
- Solid Background in Signal Processing.
- Experience with either Matlab, Python or Julia.
Martin Hagmüller (email@example.com or 0316-873 4377)